Tuesday, September 18, 2012

2012 Small Press Expo (SPX) - Day 2


Even though I saw most of what there was to see on the show floor on Day 1, I wandered around, bought a few more books, and took a few pictures. I spent considerably more time in panels than I did perusing the aisles.


District Comics: An Unconventional History of Washington, DC - a collection of comics about my hometown; having lived in the DC area for most of my life it proved impossible to resist buying this book, especially after I picked it up and flipped through it


The Legend of Jow Lung by Sifu Abdur-Rahim and Clay Harris - the first installment of a story set in China in the early 20th century


Wizzywig: Portrait of a Serial Hacker by Ed Piskor - a beautifully bound and packaged story which will hopefully live up to all the great things I have heard about it


I also went to a couple panels. I recorded both of them and will hopefully post the audio of them here in the near future.

Panel: Disney and the Making of Postwar Manga - The Case of New Treasure Island with Ryan Holmberg and Joe McCulloch (moderator)

Panel: Images of America - Real and Imagined with Nick Abadzis, Dean Haspiel, Stan Mack, Ben Towle, and Isaac Cates (moderator)

No comments: