Thursday, August 26, 2010

What I Read - Sleeper: Season Two #3

#3 The Manipulations - the story continues to develop and continues to mess with my head. Its messing with my head because like Carver, the main character who doubles as narrator, I'm trying to make sense of it all. Does anyone really have Carver's best interests at heart? I doubt it, certainly not Tao or Lynch. They're both using him for their own purposes. What about Miss Misery or Veronica? Maybe, at this point I'm more likely to believe that one of them does than either Tao or Lynch but that's only because the latter two are such SOBs.

I don't mean to beat a dead horse but I'm still not crazy about the art. That said, there are a few panels and pages where it looks more cartoony, more like the art in Season One than what I got in the first two chapters of Season Two. Hopefully that's an indication that his style is shifting back to something more pleasing to my eyes and brain.

Sleeper: Season Two by Ed Brubaker and Sean Philips

No comments: