Thursday, August 19, 2010

What I Bought - Aug 14 & 15, 2010

On Saturday I went to Barbarian. I browsed for a while. I also spent a little bit of time chatting with one of the owners about Scott Pilgrim and manga. In the end I only bought the latest volumes of the three manga series that I am currently reading:

- 20th Century Boys v9
- Ikigami v6
- Ōoku v4

I still have yet to read the previous volume of each of these series but I'm more or less committed to them. More importantly, I have yet to be seriously disappointed by them.

On Sunday I went to a comic book show near Tysons Corner. I wasn't looking to spend a lot of money. I was hoping to find some inexpensive DC comics from the mid to late 1970s. I came home with 9 comics, 8 of which fall into that category. I paid $3 admission and $10 for the comics.

70s DC Comics
- Aquaman # 57
- Brave and the Bold # 122, 133, 162
- Men of War # 19, 21
- Ragman # 3
- Unexpected # 180

Other
- Uncanny X-Men and New Teen Titans #1

No comments: