Monday, May 2, 2011

CGSSS 2011:1a

Comic Geek Speak Super Show 2011
Apr 30 & May 1
Reading, PA

Part 1a: Loot: Books

I was very good and for the most part restrained myself from buying books at Super Show. I already have far too many sitting around my apartment that I have yet to read. That said, I didn't abstain completely from my book-buying ways and here's what I got:

- Back in the Day by Dave Dwonch and Daniel J. Logan - a graphic novel, written by one of the Geek Savants

- The Mice Templar: Destiny (Part One) by Brian J.L. Glass, Michael Avon Oeming, and Victor Santos - this is the first part of act 2 (of 4). I bought act 1 which was shorter, last year at CGSSS. Once again I bought the book directly from the writer, Brian JL Glass, and took some time to ask him some questions about the series and tell him what worked for me in the first act.

- Identity Crisis #1-7 - 2004 DC Comics mini-series that I've been meaning to read for years but never have. It was one of many door prizes that were given away on the first day of the show. Of all the door prizes it was probably the best one for me to win. I was so pleased with it that I didn't even bother to attend the door prize drawing on the second day.

- Dutchy Digest #5 - I couldn't resist getting another issue of Dutchy Digest. I bought my first issue last year at CGSSS. It only cost $1, the guys who produce it are very nice, and they had free shoofly pie at their table.

No comments: