Tuesday, September 15, 2009

What I Read - September 12, 2009

Watchmen continues to amaze me. I've now read 9 of 12 chapters. I'm tempted to call it the best comic book I've ever read; tempted. It definitely makes the short list. It works on so many different levels. I love how the text pieces at the end of each chapter help to fill in the back story. I also like how each chapter tells a story. Some are better than others. There have been some chapters that have left less excited to read on than others. Chapter 8 was like that. It was a little more diffuse than other chapters like 7 and 9, for instance.

As I get closer to the ending I'm hoping it will live up to the what I've read so far. I've heard mixed things about the ending. Regardless, I think this is one book that I will be re-reading in the next year or two.

No comments: