Saturday, August 22, 2009

What I Bought - August 22, 2009

I made a trip to Barbarian Books today. I wanted to pick up Bleach v24 and 20th Century Boys v4. I found Bleach v24 but they didn't have v4 of 20th Century Boys. They checked for me and it looks like it won't be out until next month. Its a great series and that keeps me reading but also hearing it discussed on podcasts, namely Crankcast (week 198) and 11 O'Clock Comics (episode 58), makes me want to keep as current as possible so that I don't have it spoiled for me by one of my favorite shows.

In addition to Bleach I also picked up the first four issues of Wednesday Comics. Cover price for each one was $3.99. I got a 10% discount but they still cost me $15.36, before adding tax. I dunno what I was thinking, spending that much on individual issues. I've heard a lot of great things about this short-lived series and wanted to experience it for myself. It looks like the sort of thing that won't be the same in trade paperback format. Its like a newspaper. Each page is from a different series. The great part is that the stories feature more than just a-list characters, like Batman and Wonder Woman, but also include b-list characters such as Kamandi, Metamorpho, Sgt. Rock, and Deadman.

No comments: