Friday, May 9, 2008

Curling Tohru's Hair

Fruits Basket v1 / chapter 3 - I don't remember too much from the first time I read this, back in 2004. I'm talking about the whole volume not just this chapter. There are bits and pieces that have stuck with me.

Things I do remember:
  • Thinking it (v1) was good but just not what I wanted at the time.
  • Tohru's devotion to the cat even though she was born in the year of the dog.
  • Other miscellaneous scenes when I run across them.
Things I don't remember:
  • Tohru getting her hair done by one of the girls in her class, during chapter 3. It was a weird and random kind of moment. The scene had nothing to do with getting her hair done but there was Tohru's classmate in panel after panel using a curling iron on Tohru's hair. What makes really makes it weird is the fact that no one (including Tohru) says a word to the girl with the curling iron or even acknowledges her existence or what she is doing.
  • Other moments, conversations, characters, etc.

No comments: