Monday, November 29, 2010

What I Read: Human Target #11

Games of Chance
By Peter Milligan and Javier Pulido

First issue I've read of Human Target in a few years. I wasn't sure what to expect. I knew this was a one-shot, not part of a multi-issue story. I didn't expect Christopher's relationship with Mary to get the spotlight.

My memory maybe sketchy but from what I recall about this series the usual balance between Chistopher's work and personal life seems to be flipped in this issue. Normally his personal life takes a back seat to his profession. Peeks are provided at what he is thinking, feeling but that's all, usually.

This time around his work plays second fiddle. There's plenty of it but it comes and goes in short bursts as Chrisopher spends time with Mary and wonders what she is hiding from him.

Cover Image: Human Target #11

Human Target was published by Vertigo, an imprint of DC Comics.

No comments: