Thursday, February 18, 2010

What I Read - Feb 18, 2010

I was really surprised by the last couple issues of X-Men that I read, I'm talking about #10 & 11, not of the current series but the original series, surprised in a good way. I really liked them.

X-Men #10 - In this issue the X-Men travel to the Savage Land and meet Ka-Zar, and Zabu. It is the first Silver Age appearance of Ka-Zar. I think part of what made this story so much fun is how it contrasts to the previous 9 issues. For the first time the X-Men are not fighting a superhuman opponent. Instead, they are on an adventure.

X-Men #11 - X-men are back in the civilized world in this story. Cerebro, Professor Xavier's mutant detecting machine, has located a new mutant who maybe the most powerful mutant of all. The individual turns out to be The Stranger, who isn't a mutant but an alien. Professor X and the X-men unsuccessfully try to get to the Stranger before Magneto does, but it turns out that there is a price for Magneto to pay. The twist at the end (which I won't give away here) was a nice touch.

No comments: