Sunday, March 22, 2009

Hercules/Hot Gimmick

The Incredible Hercules: Against the World - This wasn't bad. I liked the team of Hercules and Amadeus Cho. I liked watching them interact. The art work was okay. I did like how they wove in the different myths about Hercules. Aside from that the story wasn't anything too special. Part of what holds it back IMO is the fact that it is tied to the aftermath of World War Hulk. I don't read the big event books so I felt like I was missing something; or maybe it was just ill will for the big events getting in my way of enjoying what is (arguably) a well written and decently drawn comic book. There were parts where I was really digging it and other parts where I felt my attention waning. I doubt I'll pick up the next collection. Its worth trying, if you like superhero comic books, but its just not for everyone. From what I've been told future issues tie into other big crossover events. *sigh*

Hot Gimmick v6 - I'm not sure how I got this far into this series. I'm not that wild about it. I don't really like any of the characters. I do appreciate the craftsmanship of the writer/artist, Miki Aihara. I think she does a great job with visual story-telling. Love how the action flows and the facial expressions of her characters. If only the characters themselves were a little deeper. I can't see myself reading anymore of this 12-volume series.

No comments: