Wednesday, December 1, 2010

What I Bought - Nov 27, 2010

I was hoping to find cheaply priced ($1 or less) issues of various series from DC Comics from the mid-to-late 1970s at the Shoff Comic Show (Crowne Plaza, Tysons Corner, VA). I came home with several the last time I attended a Shoff Show, over the summer.

This time around there were some dealers there with dollar bins and I spent some time digging through them without finding anything from the era that I was hoping to find. What comics I was able to find from that era cost $3 or more. Being stingy and not desperately in need of reading material I didn't buy any of those comic books. Instead I came home with a trade.

I wouldn't have bought anything if I hadn't won a $10 door prize. I spent a considerable amount of time mulling over what to spend it on. I didn't want to buy a trade. I've got plenty of them sitting on my bookshelf, waiting to be read but in the end that's what I bought, specifically The Spirit: Femmes Fatales by Will Eisner. It seemed like my best bet appropriate purchase given what I had to choose from.

No comments: